Our Twilight Market runs on the power of BEPS Families! Please read below all of the ways that the school community can get involved and make this year’s market a success.
How you can help
- Sign up for a shift on a stall
- Avoid the queues – buy an Rides Pass online
- Bid or Buy Now at the Silent Auction
- Sell Raffle tickets & return sold books to the BEPS office
- Donate now – refer below
- Plan and start your baking for the Cake Stall & Kids Cafe (packaging available at the office)
- Complete Dunking Tank permission form (kids in years 4/5/6 or older only)
- Collect a poster from the front office and display it in the community
- Share the event on Facebook
- Buy a Hay Bale
- Monday 25 Nov (7.30pm): Team Briefing Session for Coordinators
- Tuesday 26 Nov (9-11am): CCC: Books & Toys Sorting #2
- Friday 29 Nov (3.30pm-8pm): Twilight Market!
DONATIONS – Bring to school…NOW:
- Potted Plants – ready-to-sell – leave on tables outside the greenhouses (by midday Thursday)
- Chocolate blocks & bars (all sizes – we need over 200) for Lob-a-Choc
- Lollies for Kids Cafe (so we can make mini lolly bags)
- Ginger Beer/Dry Ginger Ale (1.1L bottles)
- Sideshow Prizes (e.g. pens, pencils, stickers, mini notepads)
Thursday 28 November to 9am Market Day:
- Bakers Stall – pre packaged items such as jams, sauces, preserves etc (non temperature sensitive)
- Bakers Stall & Kids Cafe items (by 9am for non temperature sensitive goodies) (leave in main kitchen)
- Fresh fruit / temperature sensitive items etc (just before 3.30pm on Market Day)
Bring your ready-to-sell craft goodies to school now.
Can you knit, sew, crochet, weave or paint? Do you have another special talent? We’d love your donations of handmade goodies to sell at this year’s market. Do you know a crafty friend or family member? Let’s get them involved too!
Need ideas? Jewellery, knitted toys, bags, decorations, soaps, candles, bath salts, cards, key rings and cushion covers are popular!
Books & Toys Stall
Bring your donations of books, toys and cardboard boxes to school from Monday 11 November.
Please be mindful we are selling your donations and any unsold items need to go to charity:
Toys – must be clean, in good condition and complete with all parts/pieces; check toys are safe (especially batteries); check boxes are secure (put a rubber band around puzzle boxes/board games etc); sorry no CDs or DVDs! No clothes or hair accessories.
Books – must be in good condition with no damaged or missing pages; no partially filled sticker, colouring-in or puzzle books; no out-of-date travel, text or medical books (they don’t sell).
Fruit/vegetable/food delivery cardboard boxes – we are collecting these to store the books and toys.
Coffee-Cake-Connect: Books & Toys Sorting
- Tuesday 19 November 9-11am
- Tuesday 26 November 9-11am
Bring your ready-to-sell potted plants to school from Monday 25 November. We’ll be accepting plants up until Thursday 28 November (lunchtime) as we will be pricing the plants in the afternoon, ready for sale on Friday.
Popular plants include: Lavender, herbs (parsley, sage, thyme), vegetables (tomatoes, lettuce etc), succulents and anything with bright colourful flowers (geraniums, salvia etc).
ANYTHING you can make will find a place on one of the stalls but here is the basic info:
- Please provide ingredients list
- Kids cafe items must be nut free
- Containers must be labelled, lid AND bottom with your child’s name
and LC so it gets back to you
- Packaging will be available from Friday 15 November at
the school front office. If you want something specific e.g. only labels for jam jars or if you see the packaging stocks running low then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Items are to be dropped off in the kitchen Thursday 28th Nov or BY 9AM day of the market Friday 29th Nov.
• Whole cakes (including gingerbread houses, Christmas cakes or Christmas pudding) packaged (ideally for un-iced or cakes with firmer icing in case you have a clever way to wrap it). Cellophane will be provided in the packaging as above
• Things to be sold off cake stands (we are trying to minimise packaging) eg. Large cakes with softer icing for us to slice, and also brownies, slices, cupcakes, other small cakes, decorated gingerbread, just send along in a labelled container
• Other food items eg jam, marmalade, chutney, kim chi, sticky chai
• If you think your items are best sold in a bag (eg. if it’s crumbly, small items, or just the way you want to present it) then the packaging will still be available as usual. Suggestions are fudge, balls, 3-5 smaller biscuits
KIDS CAFE (nut free)
Think simple, fun and colourful “like a Friday Market stall on steroids”
• Small biscuits, cupcakes and slices
• Novelty items eg. Teddy cars, marshmallow teacups,
• Fruit skewers, sliced melon (please drop off just before market so they are fresh)
• Jelly cups, frogs in jelly, mini pudding cups (some reusable cups available for this, please ask)
• Toffee apples
• Coated and flavoured popcorn
If you can help please email us as it helps to know roughly what to expect (but last minute donations will of course be gladly accepted!). Also email us if you have any other ideas or questions or perhaps want to consider signing up as a regular member of the BEPS Bakers, or even one of the coordinators for future markets. email@example.com.